Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Truth Is Chaotic +++ Isis:"I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."


  IRA = Isis' Rising Angles

Isis:
"I have cast fire upon the world, 
and see, 
I am guarding it until it blazes."

THE SECRET BOOK OF SAINT WOOD OF THE CROSS: Truth Is Chaotic



 by Robert Wood

Matthew 10:
34"Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; 36and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD. 37"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

This particular passage has sentimental significance to me.  During the end of high school, my grandfather asked me to give a sermon on this passage. This passage greatly troubled me. I was thinking when I read this, "This wasn't the Jesus I was taught of, how could the man I was taught of say something so cruel?" Couple this with the fact that I was already starting to grow disconnected with Christianity during this time period. This passage greatly troubled me even more because it appeared to confirm the accusations of Christianity being intolerant toward others. At the last minute, as I was standing at the podium about to give up, the meaning of this passage became clear to me. Now the past interpretation I had is still with me but it has now matured past my drive to rebel being the self-repressed teen that I was.  

But enough of my drivel about my past, let's get on with the show.

This passage, along with other choice passages taken out of context, is so frequently misused by many to say, "Yep there it is right thar'.  Jebus says xtians can't be peaceful and look you have to separate non-believers out of your life if yous gunna be a gud xtian, I tell ya what."

Sigh...

Anyway, let's talk about peace. There are two kinds of peace. There is the peace that comes from arriving at a conclusion or from a realization of some fundamental that one has been seeking. Then there is the peace that comes from complacency. This is the peace of a prison yard. It's peaceful not because it's fulfilling, but because one has given up and is living a nonexistence akin to being dead.

Next let us examine the imagery of the sword. A sword is a weapon of war. As the saying goes, "Those who live by the sword, die by the sword." In later times, this symbol became associated with fire, "the divine element," as I have heard it described. The element that is capable of suddenly reducing substances to their very fundamental composition.

Now we have Jesus, the Christ, who very repetitiously is referred to as the truth. Examining all of this imagery collectively we come to a startling discovery. Truth does not bring complacency, rather it's going to upset all of our foundations. The closer truth gets to our foundations, the more traumatic truth is. Most of our foundations tend to be beliefs, either in wild fancies or in theoretical knowledge we posit as fact and truth, because we are very limited in our perspective and there is a metric ton that we just don't know. Mothers and fathers described in this passage are any of the traditions we might have. Sons and daughters are any beliefs or theoretical knowledge that we produce based on our traditions.

Thomas 10:
Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and see, I am guarding it until it blazes."

Truth is a chaotic wildfire that destroys any neat and orderly systems and traditions we have built. It's no small wonder as to why so many would want truth as a foundation, less clean up when the brush fire comes. Truth is a boat rocker. Any and all that seek truth should not expect smooth sailing or calm waters. One should expect to loose anything and everything that we place value on, because when the Truth opens it's stock exchange, what we believe is valuable is going to crash harder than Enron.
  
So in the end, what are we left with? Why seek truth if it destroys so much? Because the destruction is going to happen because all beliefs are transient. They will pass away but truth will remain. In seeking truth, you are preparing for the loss that the sword and fire is going to bring, rather than those who are not prepared who will wallow in what has been destroyed. Those who continue to live a non-existent life among that which has received a final death. So what is left after all is burnt and cut away? That which cannot be destroyed, the treasure of Truth, that pearl of great price.

So continue forward soldier of the internal battlefield of the Self. Remember that he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword, but whoever shall lay down their life will find it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.